It’s a beautiful Tuesday and the day has been so interesting, I hope you are having fun? It’s our fashion Tuesday and we will continue from where we stopped about dressing your body shape, we have been able to discuss about how the inverted triangles, the rectangles and the apples should dress so as to look fashionable and attractive, if you missed it just click here to read up. We will be rounding up this series with the Pear and the hourglass shape.
PEAR BODY SHAPE
The pear body shape is also known as the spoon or triangle, it is a widely accepted body shape around us. They are the women with fuller hips and thighs. The popular actress and human right activist Omotola Jalade is pear shaped and another example is the media girl Osas Ighodaro Ajibade, these two women really does a lot of justice to this shape with their outfits.
Characteristics of Pear shape
- The upper body is slim
- The hips are larger than the bust
- A tiny and defined waist which is usually the best feature
The pear shape woman has all her weight around the hips and thighs. To look best there is a need to a create a balanced look by making the top half of your body look bigger and fuller and it is also expedient that you place emphasis on your slim waist.
Wearing clothes that fill out your top half and flatter your lower body will help you achieve this balanced look.
Tips for Tops
- Wear jackets that hit right above the waist
- Wear bright colours and patterns on top, this helps take attention away from your wider areas.
- Create the illusion of a fuller bust by wearing tops with details around the bust. It could be pockets, embellishments, frills or a bow. Make sure your tops are ‘busy’, it should not be plain.
- Off shoulder or boat neck tops and V necks work well with your frame because it shows off your slim neck and equally slim shoulders.
- The pear shaped girl has one golden rule and it is to always put you waist on the spotlight, make sure it is prominent.
Tips for Bottom
- Wear dark coloured tousers and jeans without visible pockets this gives your thighs a slimmer effect.
- Wide leg trousers and jumpsuits also look good with this shape.
- A line skirts helps to camoflauge your wider hips
- High waist cuts skirts or trousers help draw attention to your waist and away from you hips
- Pointy-toed shoes helps to elongate your legs
- Embellished details and bright colours or patterns around your hips/thighs.
- Hem lines that finish at your widest part, like miniskirts, shorts or jackets that stop at your hips or thighs, it draws attention to these areas.
- Skirts and trousers that are too tight
- clothes that draws attention to hips and thighs, such as cargo pants or print skirts
HOUR GLASS SHAPE
We will be rounding up this series with this final body shape which is the hourglass, this is popularly known as ‘Figure 8’. This shape can wear almost anything with their beautifully proportioned figure, just remember to be tasteful with your choices and avoid creating a wide mid-section so you don’t look bigger than you are.
The award-winning media Mogul Tolu Oniru- Demuren aka Toolz is a perfect example of this shape has she does justice to this shape with her outfits.
Characteristics of Hour glass shape
- bust and hips are aligned and well balanced
- a well-defined waist
- well pronounced curves
Tips for Top
- Low cut necklines like a V-neck or strapless top helps show of your neck, which is a slim part of your body
- Wrap tops and dresses helps to make your waist prominent and puts your hour glass figure on the spotlight
- You can also wear tailored and well-fitting shirts just avoid it being too tight
- Prints are not bad either you can give it a try
- Wear tops with a defined waist or define your waist more with a slim waist belt.
Tips for Bottom
- Body cons are perfect for this shape as it flatters your curves
- Pencil skirts help to flaunt your hips
- Wear skinny or straight jeans for a structured look
- Make sure your dresses are fitted
- baggy clothes it hides your figure
- Skirts that are too short they will make you look heavier than you are
- If you have a fuller bust, avoid necklines that cover up your neck like a turtle neck top/dress
I hope you enjoyed this series, I know a lot of us will need to have a change of wardrobe, it’s okay feel free to read up again before making your choice of clothing and I know a perfect place you can get all your outfits at an affordable price and without stress, just click here to start shopping!
Let me know what you think in the comments session.