Facebook might be coming to your school very soon as it just announced its university-wide road show which is part of its ongoing commitment and investment in growing the tech ecosystem, and driving innovation across Nigeria.
The aim of the roadshow is to educate and attract students to build solutions that utilize advanced technologies to solve problems and build solutions for the future using Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Internet of Things, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) – the university tour will look to demystify myths surrounding “deep-tech” and promote the benefits.
Aimed at empowering start-ups and students with technical & business support, and funding to optimize their products for growth, the deep-tech focused accelerator programme will provide up to $20,000 in equity-free funding and support to innovative startups and student-teams.
As part of its University tour, Facebook will be visiting 13 cities across Nigeria in 30 days, with the team already completing events at University of Lagos (Lagos State), University of Port-Harcourt (Rivers State), Nnamdi Azikiwe University (Anambra State) and University of Nigeria, Nsukka (Enugu State).
Other tour dates include:
- Oyo state, University of Ibadan, June 11
- Oyo state, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, June 12
- Osun state, Obafemi Awolowo University, June 13
- Ondo state, Federal University of Technology, Akure, June 14
- Akwa Ibom state, University of Uyo, June 19
- Plateau state, University of Jos, June 21
- Kaduna state, Colab, Kaduna, June 25
- Abuja, University of Abuja, June 26
- Kano state, Bayero University, June 27
For more information click here
Image source: Ynaija